(4/03/20 @ 11:20 am)
The UIS Performing Arts Center is adjusting operations as follows in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Based on the latest information from Illinois Governor Pritzker, the Sangamon County Department of Public Health, the Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP), and guidance from University leadership, the University of Illinois Performing Arts Center is ceasing all public events until further notice. This includes events in both Sangamon Auditorium and the UIS Studio Theatre. A complete list of events affected is listed below.
Events currently affected:
- March 12 - Ron White - POSTPONED - Reschedule Date - September 17, 2020
- March 13: Josh Turner – POSTPONED
- March 16: Judy Moody & Stink (Class Acts) – CANCELED
- March 17: The Diary of Anne Frank (Class Acts) – CANCELED
- March 20: LOL Comedy with Kevin McCaffrey - CANCELED
- March 21: Illinois Symphony Orchestra Spring Celebration - CANCELED
- March 21: UIS Music Faculty Recital with Christopher Raymond - CANCELED
- March 27: UIS Music Faculty Recital with Evan Clark – CANCELED
- March 31: All City Music Festival – CANCELED
- April 10: The Color Purple Pre-show Dinner - CANCELED
- April 10: The Color Purple – CANCELED (patrons received an email about refund options, please look in your inbox or spam folders)
- April 16: MasterChef Junior Live! – POSTPONED - Reschedule Date - November 7, 2020
- April 16 – 25: UIS Theatre Twelfth Night – CANCELED
- April 17: That Golden Girls Show – CANCELED
- April 23: Illinois Symphony Orchestra School Matinee (Class Acts) – CANCELED
- April 24: UIS Band Concert – CANCELED
- April 28: Riverdance – POSTPONED
- April 29: LOL Comedy with Adam Burke – CANCELED
- April 30: UIS Music Jazz Café – CANCELED
- May 1: UIS Community Music School Concert - CANCELED
- May 2: Illinois Symphony Orchestra French Finale - CANCELED
- May 3: UIS Music Orchestra Concert - CANCELED
- May 7: The Play That Goes Wrong Pre-show Dinner - CANCELED
- May 7: The Play That Goes Wrong - CANCELED (patrons received an email about refund options, please look in your inbox or spam folders)
All events on May 11 and after: - TO BE DETERMINED. Please continue to visit this website for the most up-to-date information.
Ticket Sales / Refunds:
- Refunds will automatically be issued for CANCELED events (*except for Broadway events). You do not need to call the UIS Ticket Office to ask for a refund, you will receive your refund via the same payment method that you used to purchase within 10 business days. *Broadway events - patrons with tickets to Broadway events have received an email about refund options, please look in your inbox or spam for that email.
- Tickets will remain valid for POSTPONED events and patrons should hold on to their tickets as they will automatically be valid for the rescheduled date. Patrons desiring refunds should contact the UIS Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160.
- Patrons who have tickets to the CANCELED Illinois Symphony Orchestra's Spring Celebration event on March 21st should contact the ISO at (217) 522-2838 ext. 10 for refund/donation options.
- The UIS Ticket Office window sales are temporarily suspended at this time, however you can purchase online. If you need to speak to a UIS Ticket Office Associate, please call (217) 206-6160 and leave a message (by pushing #) and someone will call you back as soon as possible or email email@example.com.
For further information concerning the University of Illinois Springfield’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, please visit https://www.uis.edu/covid-19/.