UIS Performing Arts Center & NewsChannel 20 is conducting a local search for the most creative pie recipe, like Jenna’s signature pies from WAITRESS. (Pie is a key ingredient to the storytelling of the show, we are requesting creative pie recipes that mimic the show’s whimsical pies.)
Click here to submit your recipe.
To enter: Bakers must submit their most creative, whimsical pie recipe – the kind of recipe that expresses one’s hopes, dreams, fears or frustrations – baked right from the heart. This must be something people could actually bake at home.
Please enter your recipe submission by clicking here - include pie name, recipe and detailed instructions. (Please do not send in actual pie or ingredients.)
Submissions must be received by February 6th at noon.
Three semifinalists will be selected by a committee from the UIS Performing Arts Center by February 6th at 5 pm and calls will be made to the semifinalists on February 7th.
NewsChannel 20 will host a live tasting on-air to select the winner of the contest on February 12th during NewsChannel 20’s Marketplace (11:30 am – noon). Please note: semifinalists will need to be available on the 12th from 10:45 am until noon.
The winning recipe will be named the official Waitress pie of Central Illinois and will receive:
- Two tickets to Waitress on February 14th & a box of chocolates from Mae's Candy N Cake Supplies
- Inclusion on UISpac.com website and social channels with the winning recipe
- Two runner-up winners will receive a pair of tickets to Waitress on February 14th
- Submissions must be received by February 6th at noon
- Recipes must be something you can actually bake
- Bakers must be available the above date for the live on-air judging
Click here to print Waitress Pie Contest details.